You will be based in Ghana and part of Blytix. Our Data Engineers work closely with our clients and our Data Scientists in order to curate, transform, and construct features which feed directly into our modelling approach.
This is a hybrid client-facing/technical role using state of the art technologies, whilst also being able to communicate complex intractable ideas to non-technical audiences. Collecting clear requirements is a key part of this role and will define the technical strategy the team employs on the study.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will work in multi-disciplinary environments harnessing data to provide real-world impact for organisations globally. You will influence many of the recommendations our clients need to positively change their businesses and enhance performance.
- Work with our clients to model their data landscape, obtain data extracts, and define secure data exchange approaches
- Acquire, ingest, and process data from multiple sources and systems into Big Data platforms
- Understand, assess, and map the data landscape.
- Maintain our Information Security standards on the engagement.
- Collaborate with our data scientists to map data fields to hypotheses and curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in their advanced analytical models.
- Define the technology stack to be provisioned by our infrastructure team.
- Build modular pipeline to construct features and modelling tables.
- Use new and creative techniques to deliver impact for our clients as well as internal R&D projects.
Who You Are (Experience & Skills)
You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly. Trust between colleagues is paramount here – you are an individual who can always be trusted to work in the best interests of all colleagues and to achieve the best outcome for Blytix and our clients. You are naturally enthusiastic and enjoy sharing your passion with others.
What You’ll Learn
- How successful projects on real world problems across a variety of industries are completed through referencing past deliveries of end to end pipelines.
- Build products alongside the core engineering team of our clients and evolve the engineering process to scale with data, handling complex problems and advanced client situations.
- Be focused on the wrangling, clean-up, and transformation of data by working alongside the Data Science team which focuses on modelling the data.
- Use new technologies and problem-solving skills in a multicultural and creative environment.
How To Apply
To apply, email [email protected] with the subject line “Data Engineer”. When applying please provide a resume and any links to your technical blog, github/bitbucket, and other reviewable code examples.